Question

branch89

I believe someone has things in my name! how do i find out this,if they keep up with the bills?
my daughter was carried on someone income tax this year! and i never allowed anyone to do so. and i looked up my name on white pages for some reason. and my name came up with middle name and my age group. i know and while back i lost my wallet on a bus with eveything in it.

Most Helpful Response

Possibly contact IRS

If you know who used your daughter's name and her social security number to get a deduction on THEIR taxes, the IRS would like to know this.  They'll get unpleasant with the unauthorized use.

I do hope you notified the police and all required authorities when you lost your wallet, otherwise there s a strong possibility of Identity theft and it just opens up a huge bucket of worms that is time consuming and frustrating to solve.

Accounts

Go to annualcreditreport.com and order your free credit report, you will have a list of all accounts that are in your name. If you see anything that isn't yours call that company immediately.