Question

queenieb1984

I applied for an auto loan was approved. 6 others sent me a letter after can these be removed?
So I applied for an automobile loan back in August 2015 with one well known bank and was approved by them So why did 6 other banks (including the auto company I bought the car through) sent me a letter in the mail stating that I applied for a loan with them and was denied? So these inquires are showing as hard inquiries on my report and hurting my score? Can these be removed since I didnt apply thru them?

Most likely you gave a dealership your info for financing and they ran it through several banks looking for the best rate. If the inquiries were all done within a short period of time and were coded correctly by the lenders, they will only be scored as one inquiry with FICO. You will still see all the inquiries on your reports, but they will only be scored as one. You also may have applied with a company online that isn't actually a bank, but sends your info to many different lenders in search of a loan for you.