Question

JasonHinrichs90

I applied for a Capital one card. Credit karma recommend it. We are buying a house sone
Said I need an open line of credit. Credit score is good

Denied

I recently refinanced my home and closed all my credit card accounts and paid them off. Capital One is being recommended here on Credit Karma and was one of the cards I paid off and closed. I was never late or missed payments.

When I applied I was denied. Just wondering why?

Krissie72

When you paid off your accounts and closed them, your credit score probably took a dive and you may not qualify for the same card you had. 
A record of closing credit accounts doesn't look good to credit issuers either, even with a perfect payment history. They want a customer who is going to stick around and bring them profits.

Most Helpful Response

If you are buying a house in the next year I would not open anymore lines of credit.  But congrats on your new card and use it wisely.  Only let between 1 -9% of your credit limit show for best scores.

close credit card

I have a aventuim premier credit card, however the card has a high interest rate, hidden fees and every month I'm paying $6.00. Not happy with card. What should I di

Ostrich2015

Consider how long you have had the card compared to your other cards, what benefits it gives you in comparison to the $6 a month it costs, and whether you can afford to lose the credit line the card gives you. If you've had it a long time, it might lower the length of your credit history and lower your credit score. Same thing will happen if you lose the credit line and your card utilization rate goes up as a result. IMO, I wouldn't keep a card with that much monthly fee if it wasn't giving me some great benefits. 

Disputes

I did not apply for some of the credit cards on my account and was wondering how to get dispute them?????