Question

bameyers2000

I applied for 2 new credit cards and was approved. Looked at my score and it dropped 51 points. Why?

Too many Inquiries

Too many inquiries in a short time will mess up your score especially if you go from not asking for credit in a long time and all of a sudden you're asking for two at the same time or so close together. Try spacing them out by a month or two and you should be good. Also, keep however much you put on there under 30% or even less. I've seen my score drop by a couple of points just going a bit past 10% utilization.