Question

MrNexShaw

I am seeing an old data
some of the data I am seeing is too old as old as 3 month or more. And my score is not correct when I check it back on http://www.experian.com/

Now I don't see the value of Credit Karma except it's fancy web site and mobile application.

Most Helpful Response

Three months is not old!!

On anyone's credit report, data will remain for, generally, 7 years, then it will fall off.  This is how it must be under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, which is a federal regulation.  If anyone has filed under Chapter 7 of the bankruptcy code, it will be reported for 10 years.

The information on this site is from TransUnion, which is a different credit reporting agency from Experian and Equifax.  Different creditors report to different agencies, so the scores from each of the credit bureaus will differ from each other.  They generally do not share information, either.

Credit Karma's purpose is to provide an interactive site where oine can use the tools provided to see what certain credit transactions might do to one's credit score, without the pain of discovering "the hard way."  I've found it very useful and I was trained in accounting and management.  But, it just might not be something you would utilize, and that's your choice.  It's free, so no harm, no foul.

Credit Karma

How else are you going to know tthe effects of your actions on your credit report?