Question

Jodimr

I am overwhelmed with medical bills. Any ideas or solutions
With the cost of my past medical bills I can't afford medical insurance

Perhaps the hospital has a financial assistance program that can cover some of the bills. Do a search for Dave Ramsey's site and check into how to work out repayment arrangements.  Last (and least desirable) choice is filing bankruptcy on just the medical bills and that will require the assistance of an attorney. I knew someone who did that because of the overwhelming bills involving his wife's cancer treatment, which he would not have been able to pay in less than 20 years.