Question

DreamBigger2Day

I am in desperate need of help!!
I need to increase my credit score and want to know the best way to yield the greatest results. I am 27 with desperate need of help I have a 504 credit score and I plan on buying a car within 6 months. I was able to get some items removed from my credit last week. I don't have any credit cards or loans besides 50k in student loans that I cant afford to pay on right now so they are in deferment for 3 months. I have applied for a secured capital one card before but got denied. Is it best for me to pay the accounts off on my credit report that I can and have them removed once paid off? Or should I attempt to apply for a BOA secured cc? I am in totally stressed out about this credit situation and need some good sound advice I don't come from a family that is knowledgeable about money management and I want to do better with my finances PLEASE HELP!

Please read the articles on this site (see left side of page under Resources.)  You cannot get things taken off your credit report unless they are NOT yours.  When did you last check all three credit reports? You'll find the information on that in the articles.  Did you know your student loans remain collectable until paid in full even if it means garnishing your Social Security benefits in the future?  

This site has been set up to do something the education system doesn't and that is to teach people how to effectively build and maintain a good credit score.  Please use it.  You only stop learning when you are dead.