Question

icanrecover

I am a co-signer for my ex-husband at Security First Credit
ex-husband was entitled full custody and responsibility of mortgage loan on divorce decree. We do not have any communication and he is given payments late. I tried negotiating with the bank to rescue my credit and maintain it in good standing but they said the only way was for ex-husband to re-finance which it is impossible because he has ruined his credit. I do not want my credit to be affected

As a cosigner, with the creditor, you are equally liable for the debt with the ex-husband.  You can have your attorney file with the courts, forcing him to make a sell of the property and/or refinance to have your name removed.   This should have been done within weeks of the divorce settlement.  You may be able to file a dispute with the bureaus to have the account removed from your credit, however, the mortgage holder may continue to file late payments which becomes a never ending struggle.