Question

susanteachesmusic

How to remove delinquent payment reports from closed credit cards
I got suckered into opening a department store credit card to get a discount on a large purchase. When the bill came my husband mistakenly paid the wrong amount, and was $100 short. It was a stupid mistake, but we never realized we still owed $ because we never opened up the bills that followed. We just assumed the balance would be $0 because we never used the account after that one purchase. After a couple of months I opened a bill on a hunch and was horrified. I paid the bill, and then closed the card two years later (last month). Is it possible to get the delinquent payment off of my report somehow? It's really hurting my score.

Sorry, but it remains for 7 years past the payoff date.  It's a hard lesson, but one must always check the bills to make sure everything is correct.  Also, check your credit reports annually for the same reason.  If you haven't checked them, begin now by going to annualcreditreport.com and getting copies of all three reports. File  disputes on all WRONG information.