Question

pooh1623

How to remove a court judgement that I share with my spouse?
We had our medical through my spouses employer, so he was the main provider. He and one of our children had some medical needs and we could not pay all the medical bills so it went to collections. The collection agency would not take our proposed payment plan so eventually they took the bills to small claims and garnished my husband's wages, not mine however I was on the judgement because I am married to him. All the debt has been paid, but they are showing up on my credit report and I was wondering how to get them off of my report. My husband and I are in the process of splitting up, but nothing legally has been filed and I'm trying to repair my credit. Please help!! Thank you!

Part of your credit history.

Because you were named on the judgement and were part of a couple at the time of  said judgement, it has to remain on your credit report for 7 years from the date it was paid in full.

I am sorry to hear you are separating.