Question

soughtseven

How to Recover from bad payment history?
I have 2 accounts in collections and a payment history that is horrible. All of these were taken out in the 2009 year and I believe the collections will drop off around 2016 sometime. That's what it says on my credit report anyways.

I have about 10 missed payments from my school loan (which is split up into 4 groups). Does it count a missed payment for each group or not?

My payment history is 48 out of 89 payments. With this number, it looks like it counts the school loans and probably the other accounts I was late on.

I have two credit cards that I pay on time each month now that is helping me recovery pretty slowly, which is normal I guess.

My real question is how to recover from these late payments since it makes up 35% of the score. After 7 years, will they just drop off and my current payments will be like 90 out of 90 when they drop off? Will my good credit habits now still stick on?

If they are student loans, they do not drop off but remain collectable until paid in full.  They are also not dischargable in bankruptcy.  Make arrangements to get a workable payment plan and make regular payments on all accounts.  Also, please learn more about credit by reading the articles on this site because credit educationis Credit Karma's purpose.