Question

jessyp19

how to pay off credit card balance?
I added a pretty good chunk to my credit card. I dont use it often but I would like to pay it off as quickly as I can. The high usage made my score drop dramatically. But I don't use my credit card often so I am curious as to what would raise my score higher/faster, paying the card off quickly in one or two payments or dragging out the payments a few months?

Most Helpful Response

Your score will rise faster if you make a big paydown all at once. But the total score rise will probably end up about the same no matter which way you do it.

A suggestion: Instead of paying the entire balance off, pay it down but keep a tiny balance on the account. The scoring system likes that a lot more than it likes zero balances.