Question

Lieca

How to obtain deceased credit report
Long story short a detailed credit report is needed for a deceased person as proof that there are no outstanding or unpaid debts associated with the Estate. Can this be done and if so what sort of documentation might need to be provided to obtain this.

You will need proof

that they are dead and that yo are the executor of the estate.

A death certificate and Documents that eatablish you as the executor and Proof that you are who you say you are. ID or passport 

Mail copies of everything to the Credit Bureau along with a fee  (see their websites for more info about fees)

Widowed In NH

My wife died in 2001 and after about a year her postal mail finaly stopped coming and the incoming phone calls for her ceased as well.

But just the other day - now July 2016 - I receive a phone message for her from some business number and when I returned that call no one answered.

Of course my first thought was that someone has stolen her identity and is trying to establish credit in her name.

Dreading having to deal with any of the credit bureaus directy (it is such a major hassle getting them to do anything!), I thought that maybe i should attempt to create a Credit Karma account under her name and SSAN just to see if there's been any recent activity on her with the credit bureaus. That would sure be easier than trying to communicate with the credit bureaus directly!

But I fear that by doing this it might be against Credit Karma's acceptable use policy or violate their terms of service or some such thing and I don't want to jeopardize my own account.

Any ideas on how i can investigate this without contacting the credit bureas directly? I do not look forward to that aggravation.