Question

topher1158

How to improve credit score without a job.
I am sure that my poor credit score is inhibiting me from getting a job. How do I raise my score without having income to do so?

Well, part of your score reflects your ability to pay off bills.... Try disputing collection items to have them removed from your credit report. Write letters to the credit bureaus reporting the collections. Get a free copy of your credit report.

Hmm, not really aware of any jobs that check credit rating?... or have things changed in the last decade?

I was in prison for 18mo and I had two credit cards increase my limit & also had a hard inquiry fall off, which increased my credit score.

Just sitting on a credit card extends your credit history, which leads to a higher score.   You could lie about your annual income (minimum requirement is usually 12k-16k or so) and open a new line of credit, but that'd take at least 6 months & possibly up to 12 months to be beneficial to your score (due to the hard inquiry).

... and bad things could happen if you defaulted on that credit card and they found out you were BS'ing about your income (the fraud there would be criminal).