Question

kcalrocks

How to have Military Debt removed from Credit History?
When I got out of the army they supposedly paid me for leave days that i didn't earn but not my DD214 is clearly states that I had 0 paid leave days accrued and if they paid me for days I did not earn it would have showed yup as negative paid leave days accrued. I did not become aware of this situation until 2 years after I was discharged. So by then it was already in collections destroying my credit history. When I finally became aware of the situation I immediately called the collection agency and paid them in full since disputing it did not work. The lady told me that if I paid it in full it would be completely removed from my credit report being that I had no knowledge of the situation. It is still their and I imagine since it was in collections for 2 years it took a lot of points from my credit report that I feel I'm entitled to have back. How can I go about solving this situation?
Please help me
I'm not extremely credit savy so please give very detailed responses. Thanks!!

The lady at the collection agency lied. It's going to stay on your report 7 years from the last payment. You can add notes onto your credit report explaining your side of the situation but thats about all you can do at this point. I'm sorry.