Question

kiki5795

How to get an auto loan with a low 500 score for about $15,000.
I'm looking for a used car but something reasonable. Every dealership I've been to is saying I need a co-signer or I need half the money down. I just don't have anyone willing to do that or the money. I'm in serious need of a car. Any suggestions?

Most Helpful Response

Save 1K to 2K dollars for a beater car.   Then keep saving and trade up after another 6 to 10 months. 

if you can save 300 to 500 a month ( then you can pay Cash ) for a nice used car and trade up when you get enought saved up.

Nobody in their right mind would co-sign for you.  ( And I Never would Co-sign for anyone ,  including family, including kids )

Start Small and work your Way up.     Think of the money you will save having a Paid off Car with your Car Insurance.

Good Luck

It would be difficult to get what you are looking for and if you could find what you are looking for, the interest rate would be extremely high and the vehicle would probably be overpriced that would put the loan underwater from the get go making it hard to refinance later. Financing 15k at high interest isn't the greatest idea. I understand that you want a decent car today, but you would be better to think of the future. Try to find a cheap car that isn't in too terrible of condition for a grand or two and then work for the next year on increasing your credit score and saving up what you can for a down payment. We all hate to wait, but sometimes waiting is the best option and your future self will thank you for doing so.

My advice if your in serious need of a car is get a cheaper car. Many car dealerships give car loans to people if they can prove income. Cars are usually between 5-8k