Question

Bobinchjack

how to freeze my credit so no one open any new credit on my social security

Freeze or simply monitor accounts

I think a full freeze is a bit over the top, if this has anyting to do with the Anthem health website hacking fiasco. There is a fee on the reporting sites, Experian, Trans Union, Equifax for a full freeze. A 90 day fraud alert costs nothing.

Go online to Experian and place a free 90 day fraud alert on your credit. Experian will contact the other two credit reporting sites, Trans Union and Equifax, for you.

Sign up or register on the free Credit Sesame website. You can sign up for free credit monitoring.  I just opened a new credit card a week ago, and placing the fraud alert on Experian triggered an alert on Credit Sesame that someone (the legitimate card issuer in this case), had placed an inquiry on my credit. Credit Karma also has credit monitoring acailable, but I don't find it as good as the one on Credit Sesame.