Question

mlehman629

How to dispute hard inquirey?
I did not allow the bank to run my credit for a car loan. They say they can not remove it when it was their fault in the first place. How do I fix this?

Most Helpful Response

If you didn't allow them to pull your credit then how did they got your personal informations? Or you did apply for a car loan but you weren't aware the dealership would shotgun your credit app to few different banks?

You can file a request with the bank if you did not authorize it and request they remove it.  If they decline, you can file a similiar request of the credit bureau itself, although, they will contact the firm for their side of the story before they make a decision.   If you went into dealer and gave them your information, you gave permission, even if they didn't tell you they were going to perform a hard pull.  The pull itself was probably only 4-5 points and it shouldn't affect your credit in the long run as there are other items you can do to offset that deduction.  (IE: Lower your Utilization)

Hidden & unauthorized hard Inquires

I have the exact same problem and I need the best help in getting this resolved

Duplicate hard Inquiries?

I have been shopping for a mortgage loan. My understanding is that multiple entries within a short timespan for the small this will count as one inquiry. However on numerous occassions Equifax has reported each pull as a separate inquiry including 2 that were on the same day! the dispute options online are fradulent and unauthorized- neither of which applies to my situation. How do I remove these duplicates?

dispute

I want to fdispute 5 hard enquiries on my credit profile