Question

60greatys

How to correct credit "age"
Credit in my name begins after my husband's passing 13 yrs ago. Married 60 yrs, had great credit. Tho credit "age" goes back to 1954 Mine only shows a few yrs

Most Helpful Response

Are they still on your current credit reports? tho you have credit accounts go back to 1954, but if it's no longer on your report then it isnt part of your "credit" history because no one (creditors especially) can not see it. Same as when the bad actives rolls off the report? It's no longer part of "credit" history, Tho it did happen and it is part of life's history but no potential creditors can see it.

It sounds to me like the credit you had before was actually just in your husband's name--which was, unfortunately, a very common thing in the time period you're referring to. Then, after he died, you took over those accounts and your name was added to them, which is what you're seeing that dates back only 13 years.

Are you sure your name was ever on any of those accounts? If so, you should be able to file a dispute with the relevant credit bureaus to get this corrected. But if those old accounts were really only in your husband's name, I don't think there's anything that can be done.

credit age

The credit age on my reort is incorrect.  I've financed with mercedes benz for 10 years and have had a mortgage for 15.  the mortgage co changed and refinanced me with another bank until i went with santandar two yrs ago.  i have a long credit history.  how do i correct this