Question

jmm10408

How to build credit during or after chap. 13?
I am filing chapter 13, how do I rebuild my credit? Do I do this while I'm in BK or after? Also, once its discharged, are all your previous creditors still on the credit report and what is your score once you're discharged? Right now mine is about 500

I did a Chapter 13 many years ago and remember that I was required to consult with my bankruptcy trustee before taking on any additional credit.  Some of the accounts were closed at the completion of the repayment plan and remained on my credit history for 7 years, then they fell off.  I wish I had Credit Karma information then but glad I have read the articles here.  By learning and implementing changes, my score has gone ujp to very good.  As for what your score will be, it's something no one can predict, but something you will have to work on after reading the articles.