Question

Entities19

How quickly will reducing my credit utilization increase my score?
My utilization is at 98%. The simulator shows that if i pay it down to 20% or less my score will go up 104 points. I know these are "guestimate" numbers, but say i paid all my cards off next week, how quickly would i see my score go up? Is it immediate, or will it take a few months?

About 2 seconds after it's reflected on your credit reports, but someone has to pull a fresh report/score to know that. It might take 3~4 weeks before its reflected here on Credit Karma, as credit card companies usually report once a month and CK updates once a week.

Most Helpful Response

In most cases

In most cases, it will update as soon as your credit card companies report to the credit burueas.  That is usually 3 or 4 business days after your statement ending date.