Question

Bsmithers24

How Often to Use Credit Card
Hi! So, long story short, I'm a college student. I have 3 credit cards: BarclayCard Rewards, AMEX Blue Sky, and Wells Fargo Student Cash Back. I have never had a late payment and always pay in full. Basically, my question is, is it good and/or safe to use my credit cards for everything and then pay the bills back in full each month like I alway do? I would be keeping my overall utilization below 20%, I just hear that using my cards a lot and paying in full and on time will be amazing for my score. Currently, after 2 inquiries (Barclay and AMEX), my score is a 723. It went from 734 to 709 to 723. So yeah. Just wondering if it is beneficial to charge everything on my cards, keeping my total utilization at or below 20%, and pay the bills back each month in full. Thanks!

It depends on what your goal is.  If you want to drive up your credit score, it is best to keep a balance of 1-3% on the cards at all times.  If you don't want to pay interest, then pay off the balances every month.