Question

NewCredit123

how much time does it take to get a credit score if i have new credit?
I am new to the country and have had credit cards for the past 4 months but still i do not have a credit score yet. how much does it take to actually get a score though my creditkarma profile reports one.

Most Helpful Response

there will be  a 1800 number on the back of the card call that for both discover and BofA and ask when they report credit card to whom and when was the lastt time they reported yours and to whom 

It should start reporting right away ie: with 30-60 days depending on when the companies report and CK gets it...it takes 6 months minimum to establish a FICO score but a score with transunion equifax or experian should be after the first month especially of its a major credit card or a secured card from a large bank....some institutions that give out credit cards namely credit unions only report to one agency for some reason but if you got through a major company like Capital one.... a store credit card....or a major banking institute like PNC, M&T, Bank of America... it should report to all 3 no questions asked 

Thanks for the reply but in my case I have had Bank of America and discover credit cards since the past 4 months but recently when I applied for an auto loan, I got the reply that I do not have a credit score yet. So the reason for my concern was this .