Question

jlluck

How much can I expect my score to go up?
I paid off two derogatory remarks on my credit. They remained active with a 0 balance. My score did not go up. They are set to drop off of my credit next year anyway. How much can I expect my score to go up once they do?

Unknown

I can't accurately answer your question without knowing your credit profile.  Even then, it is a shot in the dark.  The formula used to calculate credit scores is a closely gaurded secret of the credit agencies.

Paying collections does not usually have a major positive impact on the credit score.  When they fall off, your credit score is most likely to improve.  How much?  Well that depends.  Do you have a history of late payments elsewhere?  Is the original creditor still on your credit report?  How many open accounts do you have?  All this and more comes into play.

My suggestion would be to use the credit score simulator credit karma or other companies provide.  Remember though, the simulator is itself just a guess.