Question

Camwayne

How long with a closed CC account stay on my report? Ita from 2007. Does it effect my score
I also saw this address pop up as one of my old ones. But in fact its an old friends old address. Im wondering was she trying to open something in my name?

If the account was closed in good standing, then don't try to remove it as it would be affecting your credit in a positive way. If it would happen to be a negative account, then you would dispute it as too old to report. Note that all accounts on your reports affect your credit, it does not matter the age of them or if they are closed or not. As far as the address issue, I actually have a friends address on one of my reports too, nothing to worry about, things like that happen often, info can get crossed and chances are some company that did business with both you and your friend got things mixed up. You can dispute the incorrect address with the credit bureaus that are reporting it. I would in NO WAY suspect your friend of any wrongdoing, this stuff happens all the time.