Question

Bbberton

How long of a credit history do you need before applying for your second card
I've had my first credit card for 13 months now, and decided that I was ready to apply for a rewards card. I applied for the Chase freedom, and credit karma had my odds of approval at very good. After applying, I received a message saying I'd receive a decision in 7-10 days. I called the recon line the next morning and was denied due to a short credit history, but they would not tell me how long of a history was adequate. Does anyone know how long of a credit history you need in order to qualify?

With Chase normally it is one year so I'm surprised that you did not get in with them.  Who is your first credit card from?  Maybe get a card from Cap 1 or fi you already have one from them get one from Barkclays.  But no more then that if you want the Freedom.  Chase also will not give you a card if you have more then 5 in a 24 month period.  Wait another three to six months and try again with them.