Question

Dallenmad

How long does it take CK to update my credit card utilization?
I recently had about 95% utilization on my two credit cards, and subsequently paid the entire balance off. For some reason, my score went down, as CK now has my utilization at 100+%. I think it's been 4 days since I paid off the cards. Any idea why CK does this, or when it might be corrected?

Most Helpful Response

It's not CK doing it

CK will update when TransUnion updates. And TransUnion updates only after your lenders report to them. Those reports usually happen within a week after your monthly statement date.

Some lenders will happily make out-of-sequence reports after big paydowns and such. Just ask them and see if they'll do it. And good for you on those big paydowns!