Question

kbrnlax

how long do late payments on accts discharged in bankruptcy count on credit score
I have 8 accts listed as delinquent and a ch13 bankruptcy. These debts were paid off during the 3 yr bankruptcy. My credit score is worse now than it was during bankruptcy. I have been making my payments on time and an not sure how to proceed. It looks like I have been late in the past 4 yrs but that is not accurate as I filed bankruptcy in 2008.

Most Helpful Response

Part of your credit history.

Your late payments are going to show for at least 7 years from the date they were included in the bankruptcy because they were late, and that is part of your credit history.  Your credit score is hurt because oif the bankruptcy and it will hurt for 10 years from the date the bankruptcy was filed, so don't expect major improvement until sometime in 2018.

What you have to do now is make sure all payments on all accounts you currently have are on time.  It is going to take time and effort for things to improve, but you can do it.  Utilize the programs on this site to find out what certain actions will do to improve your score.  The programs do help.