Question

sufferingsoldier

How long do late payments continue to impact a Credit Score?
I was deployed to Iraq in 2010 during which time I was unable to make some payments in a timely manner due to the rigors of being in a 360 degree Combat Zone. That has been four years ago now and is still showing up and impacting my Credit Score. How long do I have to suffer financially for serving my country?

Most Helpful Response

Although they still show up on your credit report, they stop impacting your credit score after 2 years.  If they really bug you, go to www.annualcreditreport.com and dispute them online with all three bureaus, explain your service and they may remove the late payments.  Best of luck and thank you for your service to our country!