Question

livepink89

how likely is it to get approved for a secured cc with cap one 2 years after bk?
my credit score is currently 550, 2 accts in collections, 1 is a medical bill that the hospital didnt bill my ins for, that is getting taken care of thru the ins, hospital should take it off cr soon.....

Pretty good odds.

With a secured credit card you are puting up the collateral (depositing money into the account), so the credit card companies have less of a risk.

If you don't have any actual credit cards in bad standing or collections, you have a fairly good chance of getting approved. In the past, I was approved for an unsecured credit card through Capital One with a 550 score. I got a very low credit limit ($500), but they approved me. I didn't have any collections at the time, though.