Question

doritita

How I can fix one collection account if already is paid?
Collection account

This new credit karma site sucks!

Before when I first got credit karma it was so easy to use and see all the score,missed payments, etc. now it is so hard to figure it out where everything is. People that did this site might be thinking " what is he talking about ?" Well what I say to them is not just because you guys understand this helpless site that doesn't mean I understand it. I want the old site back. The one that u can see all the score, missed payments, inquires ( the date you gonna get hem remove by ) 

just rememeber if you guys gonna make a good change don't just make it because you guys think it will be good, think about us.. Think about if we are gonna like it. Stop been so selfish, stubborn. 

Alexys

Enter Your Reply I agreed  I do not like all this changes is HORRENDOUS

not as usually friendly as before

not sure if i will keep using this, looking for alternative

swissmisslaura

Enter Your ReplyI agree I liked the old site better I could find my car insurance score and othes sites now I have no ides where it is in this new site--

Im in the same boat- Help!

I have the same problem. I hope someone can provide an answer. Otherwise, why am I paying off collections when it remains on my credit report as derogatory and affects my credit score negatively?

bghoss

You pay them because it is prudent and ethical to pay people the money you promised to pay them.  How would you feel if I didnt pay you back money you lent me.  Think about it that way.

You COULD have negotiated for a pay for delete.  Since you have already paid you are stuck with it until the 7 years lapses.

Things will stay on your report for 7 years from date of last activity.  Good luck to you.

Maggiepoint

Enter Your Reply.     Agreed!  In the same boat. The medical bills I am paying off are not coming off my report even after 4-6 weeks!

Most Helpful Response

Collection!

yes I have spent the last year paying off collection debt. Why is it still on my record. I have paid them in FULL!

NunnyaBusines

Paying a collection account doesnt take the collection off of your report.  But after you complete your payments, it 'does' show future inquiries that you are a person worthy of credit; (or you cant dispute the disposition with the credit bureaus if it reports an incorrect status) because, even after hard times, YOU PAY YOUR DEBTS!  And that's a good thing to know if you are looking to loan someone money or leverage them credit.

valsburger

Paying the collection doesn't automatically get it removed.  It can stay on your report for 7 years from the most recent date of delinquency.  Meaning if you defaulted on a credit card payment in August of 2012, even if you paid the collection later, it can remain there until August of 2019.  Each time you make even a partial payment, the timeline starts over again, so be sure you're not restarting this over and over again and allowing it to remain in collection.

You do have an option to negotiate for a pay for delete with creditors.  Not all of them are receptive, but many can be if you agree to pay the entire amount in full.  What I would suggess is DV-ing them first, to be sure it's something you really owe and the statute hasn't already lapsed, or that it's not something you've potentially already paid to one collector and which was later purchased by another collector trying to double-dip.  Then, send them a request in writing via certified mail, return receipt requested, stating you'll pay the debt in return for them deleting the entry from your 3 reports.  I just had some luck with JP Recovery this way.  But ALWAYS get it in writing, because if they DON'T delete it as stated in your agreement, you'll have a record to show the CRA's, and THEY can remove it.

If you have already paid the debts off and failed to request a pay for delete, you can sometimes ask them to delete it as a "goodwill adjustment" after the fact.  Many won't do it, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

You can google examples of debt validation letters, pay for delete requests, and goodwill adjustment request letters and go from there.  But remember, it is best to always do everything by mail with a certified letter, and get any agreement from them in writing.  Don't have the conversation by phone, don't even do it by email!

Best of luck!

Yhaddy

Enter Your Reply: I completely understand from what I have been told by the creditors, is that even though the debt is a zero balance or if  you settled the amount, the payment history can and will remain on your credit up to 7 years and 9 years if you have any federal loans. In order to clear this off a collection or derogatory status is by contacting the creditor and asking them to please delete it from their collection list. When this happens the next time Trans Union, Equifax, or Experian update the reports monthly it will not show and your score will increase. Also another way is by submitting the letters that each creditor sends you showing the debt is paid off or settled and file a dispute to remove from your credit history. You will need to send copies to each one TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian. If you send this to them certified then they have up to 30 days to respond.  Hope this helps

new site sucks

I agree with everyone else that new karma site sucks totally , If they wont go back to the way it was not going to use anymore will just monitor my own reports as the new site is not helpfull in any way.

GO BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS CREDIT KARMAS NEW SITE IS ALMOST USELESS AS IT IS MUCH EASIER TO MONITOR THE ORIGANAL SITES AND KARMA IS NOT EVEN KEEPING SITE UP TO DATE AS THEY ARE STILL SHOWING OLD NEWS AND SCORES THAT ARE NOT UPDATED SO DONT EXPECT TO SEE YOUR UP TO THE DAY REAL SCORE .

Lies Lies Lies

I guess it varies from state to state as it took me three years from validation of credit debt to get it settled and removed from my account. not 7!!!

I checked all three major reporting agencies and it has been gone off my record since 2008. 7 years would have made it 2012. 

What you can try is writing a goodwill letter to see if they are willing to delete.  Keep it simple and you may have to send them a letter once in awhile to see results.  I've heard stories of people doing this for over a year until the collection agency finally got fed up and told the person to stop writing & will be dropped.

If you see any inaccuracies of course you can dispute with the credit reporting companies and ask them to correct or delete.  Many credit forums have many information regards to getting them off early.

Difficult to read new report style

I absolutely hate the way you have set this new credit karma up. I can't find my collections I can't find my debt, I can't find all my cards that are closed and open.  Basically saying  I  I absolutely hate the way you have set this new credit karma up. I can't find my collections I can't find my debt, I can't find all my cards that are closed and open feel the new style is useless to me. 

collections

I don't know of any collection company that starts a reporting timeline repeatedly once you make a payment.  This such practice is illegal.  They can, however, report the item for up to 7 years which is legal practice for most debt.

NunnyaBusines

I’m not certain as to whom you are answering, but I am completely certain that you are wrong in your statement. 

Collection accounts (as with ANY account that has a financial plan) can be reported for 7 years after you so much as make a payment arrangement, whether you pay that agreement or not.  Meaning if you have a collection account that is 6 years and 11 months old from the last missed payment or derogatory point listed on your credit report, and you just agree to make a payment, the credit collection can then be reported for 7 years after THAT point.  Effectively restarting your debt clock again. 

Also notice that while every state has their own laws regarding this subject, almost every state includes this situation.

Hate the New Site design

Hate it! It is clunky and not user friendly at all. Stop fixing what ain't broke.