Question

ecstatic21

How does credit card utilization impact credit score on this site?
In the past month, I decreased my credit utilization by 20%. My credit karma "grade" for credit utilization improved, but my credit score didn't change at all (all other factors were exactly the same). If credit utilization is such a high impact factor why didn't paying off such a large portion of my credit card debt affect the credit score shown on the credit karma website?

This site is NOT helpful. I used the "simulator", only selecting "24 months of on time payments". My score went DOWN. If this is how Trans Union determines a persons score then I give up.

There are many factors which can influence your credit score.  Mine hasn't changed in months, but I'm not worried. AND, whatever is reported here is NOT reported to anyone ever!!  This site is just to help you learn how to properly manage credit so you can build a good credit score.  Credit Karma is for your education, and that is its total purpose. 

MGSBoca

Unhellpful, platitudinous reponse which keeps the veil of mystery surrounding your Transunion report scores.  Does not answer the question....Of course there are many factors, but what if only one changed? Rethink reply.