Question

hbincm

How does being a co signer for an auto loan show up on your CR? Does it add to your DTI ratio?
I've heard that being a co signer can help your credit scores if the payments are made on time. Does it also negatively affect your score by adding the additional debt? Just curious as to how it shows up on CR's.

Thank you for your response

It does show up on your credit report, and since you are just as liable for that debt as the borrower, I would assume that it would also affect your DTI ratio.  However, I'm not a lender so I can't say for sure about the DTI.

late payments were reported to my credit report from an auto loan I am a co signer on. Should they be reported on my credit report?