Question

cherbro50

How does bankruptcy affect my credit score?

Most Helpful Response

I don't think it really hurts it too much. It's like a fresh start, I filed about a month ago and my score has already gone up 40 points. I plan on just keep paying bills on time.

I just filed but it hasn't been discharged yet. I don't have credit cards or loans. I filed to have my name removed from a judgement my ex caused. How do i rebuild when I don't use credit? I would really like my score to be higher but I don't have anything that reports to the credit agencies

i just filed and it affects it drastically!!!!

cherbro50

Thanks for responding. Hopefully it will go back up quickly for you and me too in the near future as it looks like I'm heading in that direction! Oh well, I tried real hard to keep my credit good but things happen. The credit world is so crazy!

LaughingPenguin

Drastically good or drastically bad?

Been thinking about bankruptcy myself

Thank you for your responses guys. I have been thinking about it myself, but haven't had the courage to go through with it yet.