Question

Momsterrr

How do you go about removing a credit card that's been closed sine 1989

Good Standing? Leave it!

I would suggest that if you closed the card in good standing, leave it on your credit report.  It doesn't hurt at all--I have accounts on my report from 5-9 years ago, all closed in good standing.  

Leaving the account on your credit report can only help your credit, not hurt it.

Simply file a dispute with each Credit Bureaus. I personally would leave those alone, because they are aiding my credit profiles, assumes it was closed in good standing.

bettypearl2bme

agree with other comments - don't close cards or accounts, unless there is a problem or bad account, deliquent, etc.

Don't Do it

I removed a very old credit card from my report by disputing because it was my father's account. When i removed it the age of my credit history dropped significantly and my score plummeted. Old accounts that were closed in good standing are helping your score a lot.

Mskathy72

The problem I have is, I lost my wallet so I cancelled all my cards. Each card was reissued so my credit report shows me having double the amount of credit cards, how do I get them removed?

1957sungod

From what every one is saying, as long as they are in good standing leave it alone. I also was showing double credit cards and eventually they came off. 

Removing a CC you never owned!

There are several credit cards on my credit report that I have never owned.  I do and only have ever owned one credit card (which is recent).  How do I go about removing the one under my name that I do not have??

Here's a trick to deleting any debt (good or bad) --dispute the address that it had on file when you applied. The address is linked to the debt. 

Once that address is off the credit file, you can dispute the debt. Most disputes on credit reports are verified with the address on file at the time. All you can do is try!