Question

Luckycatlovr

How do I talk to a human being, for free to fix my credit report that's being shown that is wrong?
I had 2 government student loans discharged due to total disability, but they were passed around for 9 yrs, now it shows that I had 9 loans, instead of 2, how do I fix it.

Most Helpful Response

You don't.  Every t ime an account gets transferred, that new entity is allowed to report it.  I had the same issue with my student loans.  Had three and they ended up being shown as 8 before I got the disability forgiveness, which will show on the actual credit reports.  Those accounts will disappear in about 7 years.

Credit Karma Has made it simple

Before, a person had to fill out paperwork, etc., mail it and wait.  Now, Credit Karma has made it possible to the public for free to easily contest eronious bills showing on a persons credit report.  A few simple yes/no questions and bam, wait a few days for a response.  Your choice would simply be either, No longer responsible or not my account.

Rainmaker19

I havent found where Credit Karma offers help with errors or changes needed for a report?

Dispute Errors

You can dispute it. If you opened an account and paid for it, then you can also send proof, but if you didnt , then defiantly dispute it on here thru the credit burea who has it posted

Old bills

Why do they keep putting old things that be taken off you file back on them, RGL is 10-year-old or more now its back on my account; why?????

rcrousore

If old items are reappearing it sounds like the creditor is redating the account.  Depending on which state you live in that is illegal.  Read the Fair Credit Reporting Act and it will explain redating and what is illegal about it.  This may apply to your situation.

default student loan

My student loan doesn't show up on any report. I was in contact with a credit rehab center and surely is in default, but not on a CR.
I'm sure it is effecting my credit somehow but i can be wrong. why isn't it showing up? What's going on?