Question

cardefer

How do I remove "missed payment" from my report?
My report is showing a missed payment on a Kohl's account, and we have contacted Kohl's and are told our balance is 0. How do I go about getting that removed from my report?

Most Helpful Response

Its part of your history.

Once reproted to the CRA's, Getting missed payments taken off your report in nearly impossible.  They generally will not change what has been reported in the past unless you can prove that the account is not yours. 

Your credit score and report are based on your Credit history over the last 7 to 10 years. It will have less effect as it gets farther in the past. generally within 2 years it won't have any effect any longer.

Same thing happened to my wife, she had $0.23 balance and it was reported late. Your question should be to Khols, ask if they reported the late payment in a specific month - I'd be willing to bet they did and if so, as previously mentioned very difficult to getbit removed after the fact.