Question

KansasWidow

How do I remove cards that show on my report when I was only an authorized user?
My husband passed away and I am not responsible for the balances on the card. There was no estate to pay these.

Dispute the account with the credit bureaus as they are not your accounts. Tell the credit bureaus that you are no longer an authorized user. Of course, first contact the credit card issuers to tell them you want your name removed from the cards if you haven't done so yet. Keep in mind that sometimes you may have to call the credit bureaus many times before you get a rep that is helpful.