Question

Suzscredit

How do I remove an account from my credit report that is over 36 months old??
I have over 2 years of of perfect credit history and this account id bringing my credit score down.

Most Helpful Response

You have to wait 7 years (I believe) before it comes off your account. Unless it is reported in error, in which case you file a formal dispute with TU,EF where it is reported, there is nothing you can do but wait it out, and keep building good credit items.

shiminski

contact transunion & equifax, be prepared to offer proof of where you did live, for example lease agreements, utility bills, mortgage notes, any W-2's, 1099-misc's or 1098's etc.

genhs

Nomad,   I think you're answer is spot on..  except the part about

..   "there is nothing you can do but wait it out".     The first thing that

comes to mind is paying it off..  which likely is not the wisest unless you

have  (  transitition into second thing you can do )  unless you have already

NEGOTIATED with who or whomever is the owner of your debt.   Based upon

how long ago the negative mark was entered..  is the basis upon which your

negotiation will be based.   If you've got 4 or 5 years left of the 7  ...    hmmm,

start low..   perhaps  20%    -   which they will not accept..  unless you're really

lucky..   perhaps after a couple letters they would likely accept 30 - 40% .. 

don't forget I'm only speculating here.    and im in a rather similar boat.

See ya!

JT

Readding old debt

Recently I notice that one of my derrogatory debts was approaching it 7 years.  I was so happy.  But than the creditor removed it then readded that old debt making it new debt. Im I going to have to suffer another 7 years for a debt that was written off seven years ago.  What kind of world do we live in?

shiminski

I believe what you are referring to is called re-aging. this occurs when your present creditor sells your debt to another collection company. When they purchase your debt, it becomes re-aged or the clock starts ticking all over again.

genhs

Amber,    about the debt coming up on 7 years..    I have it on GOOD AUTHORITY that the only way they can 're-age' the debt or obligation,   is if you worked out terms..   AND  began paying toward the debt again.    and if you didn't ...  (  fingers crossed )  then

I would suggest that you would perhaps     turn-the-tables   on these guys ( people )  for a change.    Call them up,  and ask them a

bunch of questions at an inopportune time..   maybe something like..        well ,,,    I best not say..   but i was referring to a somewhat light hearted mock in the way of  relating that you had only a month or two til  that  @#$   is gone for good.

Best of Luck and Credit to YOU..

JT

JohnnyRain127

Nothing changes the reportable/removal date for collections. Per FCRA, It's 7 1/2 years from the Date Of First Delinquency, usually it's last time you didn't pay that lead up to such action, it dose NOT go by when the original account was opened/closed certainly not by when collection's open date.or another collection agency received the collection authority on that debt. The reportable/removal dose NOT re-age periord. The CRAs routinely remove them in 7 years. If you aren't sure? Call Credit Bureaus and they will tell you exact month it will be removed.

Wrong address

I havent live in California for over 25 years.  I have an address on my credit that I never live at.  How do I correct it.?

jillmf65

I have never lived ouside of Michigan yet they had me living in CA....I don't know what to do either

shiminski

see response to Nomadre's question

shiminski

see response to Nomadre's question

genhs

.. come on,  You're young..  your intelligent..   you live in the U.S.       those 3 things right there are beyond price.. 

-   just think of how tough it would REALLY be if you had only   2,  or  1     or    None of those things.     right ,  Right?!

(    JUST THINK IF YOU DIDN'T HAVE THE INTERNET  )         make it happen!

JT

_______________________________

_______________________________

AUTO LOAN

I DIVORCED MY HUSBAN IN ARIZONA AND HE LIVED IN MARYLAND AT THE TIME OF DEGREE. IT WAS STATED BY THE JUDGE THAT BECAUSE HE WAS NOT PRESENT HE COULD NOT REMOVE THE AUTO DEBT FROM MY CREDIT ACCOUNT. WHAT CAN I DO TO REMOVE THE LOAN?

U hat 2 repo on my credit an some more

Things on my credit that's is bringing my sore down