Question

moneylifenew2

how do I remove a charge off as an authorized user for a credit card of a deceased
Need to remove a charge off resulting from being an authorized user of a credit card belonging to a now deceased relative. This relative's credit score was 765-785 for 13 years before her health failed, and medical/rehab care increased. how do i get this debt removed from my report, as I was her caregiver and forgot to remove myself as an authorized user.

Most Helpful Response

You can dispute

With out having to pay anything. 

Write a Validation letter to the Credit Bureau. 

Good luck. 

Removal

I was an Authorized User on 2 Credit Cards.  I joined a credit monitoring service for a month (10 bucks or so) and disputed both of them online saying I was just an Authorized User and NOT responsible for the debt.  Both were removed within a week and my credit score went up 40 or so points.  Good Luck!!!!