Question

Nellalaviga

How do I pay non credit card related debt off w/out it affecting me negatively?
I don't have much credit card debt. I was very neglectful of my bills when I was younger. I underestimated the affect it would have on me and my life. I owe random debts to utilities in another state, 4,000 in tow yard bills an old expired gym membership, 1500 for medical bills. The only credit card debt was a SAMs club credit card that let go delinquent 7 years ago. All together it's about 8000 in debt. I am motivated to pay this off within a year. How can I do this and raise my score? Can I settle these debts to save some money or should I pay in full?