Question

gen32

How do i obtain a prepaid credit card with no job but financial aid from school and horrible credit
I have horrible credit, tax liens, second on my house that was foreclosed on, etc... I have been attending school for the last few years and am graduating this coming Spring. I applied for a prepaid credit card at my bank and was turned down and given back my money. When I called they told me that all though my student loans are differed that they were still showing up as debt. I really want to attempt to start working on my credit before I graduate and get back to work. I do receive some money each year from my student loans. How can I get a small amount prepaid credit card or something!!

Ok look up State department Federal Credit Union.  They have a secured card that reports to all three credit bureaus and they do not do a credit check or need income verification.  You will have to join the credit union and to do that you will have to pay $15.00 to join american consumer council or something like that but I think that this may be what your looking for.  I think that the mn is a $250 deposit.  Check there web site and i'm sure that will help you. 

Most of all learn about credit and how it works.  Read the forms here and other places.  You will also see how you can clean up your credit.