Question

EGmoney57

How do I now move the needle on my credit score?
Stuck in mud improving on my score. Everything is on track with a "C" rating. Do I just sit and stay on track and wait? What else can I do to improve the number?

Unfortunately rebuilding is a slow process. You can use the score report card to see your weak areas. Some of this you can't change (like legth of credit history), but other areas you can definitely impact. What immediately comes to mind are utilization (pay down your balances to less than 20%), and hard inquiries (stop applying for credit). Another thing you can do is review what you have in collections and pay off more recent accounts that wont drop off for years. Maybe focus on improving your letter scores and don't think about the number score for awhile? I think you might see more immediate improvements that way, which will give you motivation to keep fighting the good fight.

Don't be so hard on yourself. I don't know where you started, but C scores across the board are better than D/F!