Question

kt32694

HOW DO I NOTE SOMETHING ON CREDIT REPORTS
I have an upside down mortgage (I owe 103,000 but appraisal only shows it worth 59,000) I listed the house for sale but homeowners was cancelled as it needs a new roof so they cancelled my insurance.I have moved out & not paid mortgage payment in over a year but bank has not yet forclosed other than that my credit is good & payments made on time but credit cards keep lowering my credit limit even though I pay on time & over the amount they want. Why does forclosure take so long?

It depends on the state you live in, but if your state has a judicial foreclosure process (i.e. using judge and going to court) it can take up to 8 months.  If your house has little or no value, then your lender may not want to go to the expense of foreclosure and they may have decided to walk away from it as well and just let the city and/or county take it back through a tax sale.