Question

SheaK

How do I make them take off an account that the creditor no longer has?
I have an account on my credit that no longer exists. I called the creditor, they conformed they no longer have the account and when I dispute the account, it will be removed. I disputed the account with the credit bureaus, and they all sent me a response stating the creditor verified the account and it would stay on my credit. I have gone back and forth for a year now between the creditor and the credit bureaus and always get the same response from each one. I am going thru a revolving door with no way out. How can I have an account on my credit that isn't there? Anyone know what I can do to get somewhere?

Did you call the original creditor? often times they sell collections to other partys and the new partys have control of your debt. Call the creditor and ask if this is so. If this is not so you can ask them for a letter that you can send/submit to the credit bureaus also asking them to remove because now you have proof from the creditor. If they did sell your debt to another creditor try disputing the item on creditkarma or the credit bureas website and write in "Cancelled Debt by original creditor" It worked for me recently when the original  creditor sold my debt to another collection agency. (it was a gym memebership) By selling my debt to another agency they got a writeoff on their taxes. (not sure about this part I read it on another Creditkarma post) Goodluck!

This isn't how it works. Even if you close an account or no longer have an account it will still remain on your credit reports. Most negative accounts remain for seven years and most accounts closed in good standing remain for ten years or more. Please do some reading on the basics of credit, it will save you a lot of headache.