Question

beautifulmess92

how do I keep an old credit card open
I have a credit card with kay jewelers and I really don't ever use it, I just applied for it and was accepted, however after 2 years of no use it will close which would hurt my credit score, I'd like to keep it open. Is the only way to keep it open is to just use it every other year or so? There are no annual fees and it helps my credit history and I'd like to keep it that way.

Your Right.

Creditors have costs related to keeping your account open. Thats why they require that you keep using the card. I have a Kay cartd to.  I opened the account when we were shopping for wedding rings. Now I use it once or twice a year usually at christmas or for a birthday gift.  I just used it for a graduation gift. 

Your right in wanting to keep it open for the available credit line and age of credit. But YES  you should use it once in a while.

Good Luck