Question

Obguwan

How do I increase my credit score after Bankruptcy?
I was discharged from Chapter 7 Bankruptcy 2/2013. I'm not exactly sure of what my credit score dropped to; however it is currently at 665. I really want to boost this up but not sure how. I already have a $500 Secured Card with $150 balance at my Credit Union for a year now, Capital One Card $3500 Limit with $0 balance due to paying it off. This was opened 8/14. I have a $3500 Limit Ashley Furniture SAC Card with a $2300 balance. Finally I have Rooms To Go Card with a $1500 Limit and $0 Balance. What are some things I can do to boost my score?

The bankruptcy notice on your credit reports is going to hold you down some until 2023 when it will fall off.  Building your score right now willl take small steps and you are on your way.  Do try to not carry a balance on your credit cards, but to pay them when the bill comes in or as quickly as possible.  The ideal usage is 0-9%.  While store cards might be handy, watch out for their interest rate which is often high.  Try to build your credit with generally accepted cards like Visa and Mastercard, or loans from banks or credit unions.  This will be a slow process, but you can make it..