Question

nymusician87

How do I improve credit with collections?
I have two accounts in collections, they will be payed off in full within the next two months. After they are payed and I continue to make on time payments on my loans and credit cards how long could it take to start to see my score rise? I tried to use creditkarma's credit simulator but nothing I did would bring up my score, is this because of the collections?

Most Helpful Response

The answer is "quickly"

It's a quick rebuild after you get the collection notices off your report. My experience has been that within one week of the collection agencies sending notice to the credit bureau- either mid month or at the end of the month-  the derogatory mark was off my credit report and my score increased immediately. It jumped 55 points in a week once I had paid off two accounts in collections. Also only use up to 20% of your credit limit on your cards, and pay that off each month. 

AngelB68

How did you have the derogatory mark removed from your credit report? I paid off all of my collection accounts about six months ago. They are still showing on my credit report as negative/collection accounts with a status as paid.

Repay accounts fails to raise score

The Karma "credit simulator" indicates. . . .

* if I reduce my debt by $1,000, 5,000, $20,000 --- my score WILL NOT increase even one single point.   

* If I obtain a $1,000 credit limit (via a secured card) --- my score won't increase even one single point.   

In fact, the Karma Credit Simulator dosn't give me ANY reason to repay ANY of my debts!!!!  I don't understand what to do here!  Can I trust the Credit Karma tool?

How can see help to pay my collection

Paid off car note

How long before a paid off  car note posts to  credit carma