Question

cassims

How do I get the credit card account off of my report? It is not mine, it is my son's
The credit card from Navy is my son's and I do not know how it got on my credit. It is correct as far as the balance goes, except he paid it off last month or so and has a 0 balance. How can I get his credit card off mine?

Most Helpful Response

Dispute

you can file a dispute on line with any of the 3 CRA's  go to their website and you will be able to file a dispute in a few easy steps.  It should be removed from your CR with in 30 days. 

Mixed credit files are the absolute worse to deal with.  You'll need to make copies of your Driver's License (assuming it has your correct address) and your social security card.  Go online to each bureau's website and dispute the account and provide them with the DL & SS so they can verify they have the accounts mixed up.  It may take several attempts.  You may also need to contact the data furnisher (the creditor) and give them the same info you gave the bureaus.  Best of luck, this really is a tough one to fix because of the way the bureaus gather up data.  It's like everyone's credit info is in a giant pool.  When someone runs a credit check on you, the bureau puts a "skimmer" in the pool to gather up any accounts with your name.  If the name is similar and the addresses match, it's easy for them to get children's info instead of the parents (they don't use just SS number for matching info, they use all types of data).  Best of luck with this!