Question

Chibi75

How do I get started on establishing credit?
I have no credit what so ever and am trying to start somewhere. I tried to get a loan from the bank but got denied even with a co signer. Where do I start?

You start by reading, a lot of reading. In order to win at the game of credit you need to understand how it works and that is done by reading. You NEED to start out with a SECURED credit card that is reported to all three credit bureaus. Capital One is a lender that I suggest checking with, ONLY after you have done some serious reading on credit, how it works, how to build it, how to use it, etc.

There are several companies that offer secured credit cards, such as Capital One and Discover. From what I've heard Credit One is horrible, although I have no personal experience with them. Your own bank is another potential source for a secured card. I started out with a secured card from Wells Fargo with a $300 limit. 
Once you get one, make your payments on time and don't ever go over the limit. On the closing date, try to make sure your balance is no more than 30% of your limit at most, and keep it under 10% for best score results. 

Step two: Store cards are also good for the building credit phase. Comenity bank handles credit accounts for many stores; Google and get a list--there are probably a couple in your area. My next two cards were both Comenity bank cards.

Above all, do everything you can to avoid derogatory marks. Don't let a bill go to collections if you can work out a payment plan, and if you're having financial difficulty communicate with your creditors right away and tell them what's going on. A single collection account has a HUGE impact on your score. My last one finally fell off and my score went up 55 points overnight.

Best of luck to you.

Credit Karma is here specifically to teach people how credit works and how to improve their credit score.  There are articles here and financial tools that can be used after you start building credit so that you can see how certain activities may impact your score.  I was trained in business but learned more about credit on this site than all the college classes. This knowledge is valuable and essential in today's world. Start with a secured card and gradually build from there.